Quality Analyst / Inspector
Join us at Chemical Strategies, Inc.! We are looking for a Quality Inspector that is responsible for the verification of documentation, such as Certificates of Conformance, Analysis, Drawings, Specifications and Quality Clauses per customer requirements.
They must be an action-oriented hands-on individual that is driven, detailed, organized and a good problem solver. The Candidate must take pride in their work, be a forward thinker, self-starter, capable of a high level of multitasking and be able to ensure all company processes are followed.
Chemical Strategies, Inc. is an industry-leading chemical distributor, supply management company, and third-party logistics provider. We specialize in providing a full range of chemicals and associated materials in all packages, sizes and grades. Our customers include private high technology companies in industries that include Aerospace, Defense Contracting, R&D and Semiconductor manufacturing.
Quality Inspector JOB PURPOSE:
- Maintains quality standards by performing regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Recording quality results
- Quality inspectors must be able to connect with customers in order to gauge satisfaction, identify problems, and work on a systematic approach to solve those problems with employees and management.
Quality Inspector JOB DUTIES:
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Inputting data into quality database
- Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments
- Verifies incoming materials and documentation, such as Certificates of Conformance, Analysis, Drawings, Specifications and Quality Clauses per customer requirements
- Conducting visual and measurement tests
- Rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Approves material and documentation by confirming specifications per customers’ SPEC sheets
- Conducting visual and measurement tests on items upon arrival to the warehouse and prior to shipping out
- Communicating required adjustments to production or warehouse supervisor
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications conducting visual and measurement tests
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations
- Returning products for re-work
- Confirming re-work
- Summarizing re-work and waste
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Complying with legal regulations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Reading technical publications
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Analyzing Information Reporting Research Results
- Documentation Skills
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Safety Management
- Up to 3 years of experience in Quality Control function
- Quality related prior experience in an ISO9001/AS9100 company is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret customer/government specification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- Ability to frequently lift objects that are 50 pounds or more
Full-time, hourly position, Monday – Friday. 7:00am to 4:00pm. Hourly range $16 to $21 per hour depending on experience and education.
Full benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Sick & Vacation Time), plus 401k and company match.
Located in Arleta, CA.
Please submit a cover letter AND resume ONLY if the above requirements are met.
If all qualifications are met, please submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com or fill out the form below.