REGIONAL Warehouse Manager
San Leandro, CALIFORNIA
Northern & Southern CA Facilities: Manages the safe, efficient, and timely flow and warehousing of goods; actively implements and controls the overall distribution concept and strategy.
We are a growing company that seeks to add the most talented people to our team. We are dedicated to providing logistics & procurement management to private companies, defense contractors and government agencies. The position will involve working in an office setting and managing interaction with large, multinational customers. Travel Required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and Responsibilities are representative for both the Southern CA and Northern CA distribution facilities
- Able to travel between Southern CA and Northern CA facilities as needed for hiring, training, coverage, etc.
- Monitors and controls the order process, ensuring efficient and adequate flow of goods.
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes to reduce costs and increase customer service.
- Coordinates activities of departments to deliver efficient material movement to drive costs/inventory investment down while improving accuracy and response time to customers.
- Manages the supply chain at the warehouse level, interfacing with vendors, third-party providers, and the materials/supply chain system.
- Supports warehouse business units’ goals of quality, safety, productivity, and customer service.
- Oversees the effective utilization of personnel within the materials/logistics group.
- Reviews and participates in the scheduling of operations to ensure support of customer requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops logistics staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 2 employees within the 2 department(s) at (2) locations.
- Indirectly supervises 12 employees within the 2 department(s) at (2) locations.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, including dismissal; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- 7 years related experience or equivalent.
- Able to travel as necessary to the Southern CA facility
- 49 CFR & IATA certifications (Previous or current) a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership–Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management–Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Leadership–Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People–Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management–Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support–Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment–Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation–Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation–Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally / Frequently required to stand
- Occasionally / Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally / Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally / Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently / Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently / Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally / Frequently required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Forklift
- Medical Insurance
- 401k retirement program
- Paid holidays
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- Full Time Salary Range of $65,000 -$80,000
If you meet all the above requirements, please submit your resume. Apply now!
Background check required.
Warehouse located in San Leandro, California. Please do not apply if you currently live out of state.
Please email resume to jobs@ChemicalStrategies.com or fill out the form below.
Chemical Strategies, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.